Are you an older skilled worker who has been through a couple of decades of cyclical job expansion and contraction? Then you should be able to gain a few pearls of wisdom from this article. We sometimes forget the benefits that older works bring to a potential (or existing) employer. You do not have to be in sales to leverage you strengths. So how about selling yourself? (Editor’s Note)
- Older workers have a healthy fear of slowdowns: Older workers’ are more steady because they know that downturns can last for long periods of time. They are prepared to do what it takes to keep their job.
- Older workers understand a recession: Remember the 1990s tech bubble and the recession in the early 1980s. An older workers can bring a steady perspective to a very erratic economic environment.
- Older workers have real-life experience: Employers want workers who can hit the ground running.
- Older workers want to be challenged: The know what it is to be challenged and succeed.Forget resting on their past laurels
- Older Workers don’t need constant feedback: There more confident in your abilities.
- Older workers are healthier: older workers are focused in on healthy diets and have lower stress levels than workers in their 30’s.
- Older workers can manage yourself: A Study showed that “60-year-olds scored higher than 50-year-olds, who scored higher than 40-year-olds, and so on.”
- Older workers willing to work part-time: Older workers most are willing to be very flexible with their work schedules.
Learn more about our pre-release of the new eBook “50 Benefits to Hiring Older Skilled Worker”.